Terms of Service
DeoSpace provides a platform to discover and share things you love. To keep
DeoSpace (the Service) running smoothly for all of our Users, you agree that you will
use the Service only in a manner consistent with the following Acceptable Use Policy.
You agree NOT
to post User Content that:
- is contrary to the teachings of the Catholic Church;
- is sexually explicit or pornographic;
- creates a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress,
death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to yourself, to any other
person, or to any animal;
- may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property;
- seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content,
asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- violates, or encourages any conduct that violates laws or regulations;
- contains any information or content we deem to be hateful, violent, harmful,
abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal
privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or
otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable;
- contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without
limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another
party's trade secrets);
- infringes any third party's Intellectual Property Rights, privacy rights, publicity
rights, or other personal or proprietary rights;
- contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make
available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or
- is fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive.
You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Service, any individual element within the
Service, the DeoSpace name, trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the
layout and design of any page, without our express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Service, our computer
systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any DeoSpace system or
network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise
circumvent any technological measure implemented by DeoSpace or any of our
providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services or
- Attempt to access or search the Services, User Content or DeoSpace Content
or scrape or download User Content or DeoSpace Content from the Services, or
otherwise use, upload content to, or create new links, reposts, or referrals in the
Service through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism
(including automated scripts, spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like)
other than the software and/or search agents provided by DeoSpace or other
generally available third party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized spam and spam comments on posts,
advertising messages, promotional materials, email, junk mail, chain letters or other
form of solicitation;
- Except for use of a "No Pin" or “No Post” instruction, use any meta tags or
other hidden text or metadata using a DeoSpace or DeoSpace trademark, logo, URL,
or product name without DeoSpace's express written consent;
- Use the Service for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party,
except as otherwise explicitly permitted for you by DeoSpace or in any manner not
permitted by the Terms;
- Use DeoSpace user information to forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part
of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the
Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the
software used to provide the Services;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or
network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding,
spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from
other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation;
- Request, collect or store username, password, token or any other account
authentication information from other users; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the activities prohibited
in this Acceptable Use Policy.
If you run a contest or other type of promotion on DeoSpace, you agree not to:
- Suggest that DeoSpace sponsors or endorses you or the promotion;
- Require people to post from a selection;
- Make people post your contest rules;
- Run a sweepstakes where each post, board, like or follow represents an entry;
- Encourage spammy behavior, such as asking participants to comment;
- Ask posters to vote with posts, boards, or likes; or
- Require a minimum number of posts.
DeoSpace reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove any User Content for
any reason or for no reason, including User Content that DeoSpace believes violates
this Acceptable Use Policy or its Terms of Service. DeoSpace may also permanently or
temporarily terminate or suspend a User account without notice and liability for any
reason, including if, in DeoSpace's sole determination, a User violates any provision
of this Acceptable Use Policy, our Terms of Service, or for no reason.
DeoSpace Group Pages Terms
apply to all
Group Pages on DeoSpace. You are responsible for ensuring that your Group Page
complies with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
- A Group Page for a brand, entity (place or organization), or public figure may be
administered only by an authorized representative of that brand, entity (place or
organization) or public figure (an “official Group Page”).
- Any user may create a Group Page to express support for or interest in a brand,
entity (place or organization), or public figure, provided that it does not mislead
others into thinking it is an official Group Page, or violate someone's rights. If your
Group Page is not the official Group Page of a brand, entity (place or organization) or
public figure, you must:
- not speak in the voice of, or post content as though it was coming from, the
authorized representative of the Group Page’s subject matter; and
- make clear that the Group Page is not the official Group Page of the brand, entity
(place or organization) or public figure.
- Content posted to a Group Page is public and viewable by everyone who can see
the Group Page.
- You are required to restrict access to Group Pages (through our gating
functionality) as necessary to comply with applicable laws and DeoSpace policies,
including our Advertising Guidelines and Community Standards.
- You may not establish terms for your Group Page that conflict with our Statement
of Rights and Responsibilities, Data Use Policy or these terms.
- Group Page Management
- Group Page Names and DeoSpace Web Addresses
Group Page names and DeoSpace Web Addresses must accurately reflect Group Page
content. We may remove administrative rights or require you to change the Group
Page name and DeoSpace Web Address for any Group Page that fails to meet this
Group Page names must:
- not consist solely of generic terms (e.g., “beer” or “pizza”);
- use proper, grammatically correct capitalization and may not include all capitals,
except for acronyms;
- not include character symbols, such as excessive punctuation and trademark
- not include superfluous descriptions or unnecessary qualifiers;
- not mislead others into thinking it is an official Group Page of the Group Page’s
subject matter or is authorized by an authorized representative of the Group Page’s
subject matter; and
- not violate someone’s rights.
- Name Changes and Migrations
We will only process name changes and migrations that do not result in a misleading
or unintended connection. For example, we will allow local to global migrations, such
as “DeoSpace France” to “DeoSpace”, but will not allow global to local migrations, or
location to location migrations, such as “DeoSpace France” to “DeoSpace Russia.” All
migrations are at our discretion and are final.
- Collection of Data
If you collect content and information directly from users, you will make it clear that
you (and not DeoSpace) are collecting it, and you will provide notice about and obtain
user consent for your use of the content and information that you collect. Regardless
of how you obtain content and information from users, you are responsible for
securing all necessary permissions to reuse their content and information.You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access DeoSpace,
using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers)
without our permission.
Any data you obtain from us must comply with Section II of our DeoSpace Platform
You must not inaccurately tag content or encourage users to inaccurately tag content
(ex: don’t encourage people to tag themselves in photos if they aren’t in the photo).
- Group Page Features
- Advertising on Group Pages
Ads and commercial content (including Group Page post content) are subject to the
Third-party advertisements on Group Pages are prohibited, without our prior
All covers are public. This means that anyone who visits your Group Page will be able
to see your cover. Covers can't be deceptive, misleading, or infringe on anyone else's
copyright. You may not encourage people to upload your cover to their personal
If you create an offer using DeoSpace’s offer creation tool, the following policies
- DeoSpace offers must be available for a limited time.
- You may only run an offer if you are the merchant for or the manufacturer of the
product or service you are promoting.
- You must clearly and prominently disclose any restrictions on your offer (such as
expiration date or limitations on redemption).
- You are solely responsible for improper redemption, fraud, disputes or other
issues that arise from the distribution and/or redemption of your offer.
- If your offer may be redeemed at a merchant not operated by you, it is your sole
responsibility to communicate with the merchant and ensure they honor your offer.
- You must only use the offer creation tool for its intended functionality and not to
promote your website or other contact information, or to offer the equivalent of a gift
card, gift certificate or stored value card.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your offer complies with these terms and
all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Offers are subject to many regulations
(such as alcohol discounts and offers marketed to minors) and if you are not certain
that your offer complies with applicable law, consult with an expert.
- If you use DeoSpace to communicate or administer a promotion (ex: a contest or
sweepstakes), you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion,
- The official rules;
- Offer terms and eligibility requirements (ex: age and residency restrictions); and
- Compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the promotion and all
prizes offered (ex: registration and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals)
- Promotions on DeoSpace must include the following:
- A complete release of DeoSpace by each entrant or participant.
- Acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or
administered by, or associated with, DeoSpace.
- Promotions may be administered on Group Pages or within apps on DeoSpace.
Personal Timelines must not be used to administer promotions (ex: “share on your
Timeline to enter” or “share on your friend's Timeline to get additional entries” is not
- We will not assist you in the administration of your promotion, and you agree that
if you use our service to administer your promotion, you do so at your own risk.
Thank you for using DeoSpace! We wrote this policy to help you understand what
information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. Because we’re an internet
company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to
explain things in a simple and clear way. We welcome your questions and comments on this
What information do we collect?
We collect information in two ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This
can include your name, profile photo, pins, comments, likes, email address you used to sign
up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using DeoSpace on your mobile
device, you can also choose to provide us with location data. You also may give us
permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your
Facebook or Twitter account to DeoSpace, which allows us to obtain information from those
accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services
often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products or use websites or apps that
have DeoSpace features.
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service,
there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The
same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we
- Log Data. When you use DeoSpace or go to a webpage or use an app that has
DeoSpace features (like our “Pin It” button), our servers automatically record information
(“log data”) including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or
your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol
address, the address of the web pages you visited that had DeoSpace features, browser type
and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used DeoSpace, and cookie data.
- Cookie data. Depending on how you’re accessing our products, we may use “cookies”
(a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our website, unique to your
DeoSpace account or your browser), or similar technologies to record log data. When we use
cookies, we may use “session” cookies (that last until you close your browser) or
“persistent” cookies (that last until you or your browser delete them). For example, we may
have to set them up every time you visit DeoSpace. Some of the cookies we use are
associated with your DeoSpace account (including personal information about you, such as
the email address you gave us), and other cookies are not.
- Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the
device you’re using DeoSpace on, including what type of device it is, what operating system
you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect
some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its
settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether
you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what
information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device
manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect DeoSpace and our users. For example, we may log how
often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which
version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting pins or boards you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re
interested in cooking or visited recipe websites that has DeoSpace features, we may suggest
food-related pins, boards, or people that we think you might like;
- Showing you ads you might be interested in.
- We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like repins or comments, happens
on DeoSpace), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of
interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send
you weekly updates that include pins you may like. You can decide to stop getting these
updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on DeoSpace. For example, if you sign up
using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on
DeoSpace when they first sign up for DeoSpace. Or, we may allow people to search for your
account on DeoSpace using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to
specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it
can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and
combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever
DeoSpace does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a
DeoSpace account, many of the choices you have on DeoSpace are built directly in to the
product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your
profile page is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your
DeoSpace account using your email address;
- Link or unlink your DeoSpace account from an account on another service (e.g.,
Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not
to publish your activity on DeoSpace to that service.
- Choose whether DeoSpace will be customized for you using information from
off-DeoSpace websites or apps. If you have a DeoSpace account and don’t want your
off-DeoSpace data to be used to tailor your experience, you can visit your account settings
and update your “Personalization” preferences.
- Also, we support the Do Not Track browser setting.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and
remove your posts and boards from DeoSpace. We may retain archived copies of your
information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address
fraud and spam).In addition to the examples above, we offer other choices that you can learn more about in
our Help Center.
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access
DeoSpace. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other
types of local data storage;
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or
other data is shared with us.
- To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or
How do we share the information we collect?
DeoSpace is a tool people use to connect with the universal Church, and inspire themselves
and others as instruments of the New Evangelization. When you create public boards, posts
and pins, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that
that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services
(like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your DeoSpace account to those
services or publish your activity on DeoSpace to them. For example, you can choose to
publish your pins to Facebook or Twitter.
- We may employ third party companies or individuals to process personal information
example, we may share data with a security consultant to help us get better at identifying
spam or with our accountants to make sure we’re keeping the books right. In addition, some
of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation
or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or
DeoSpace; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or
similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in
- We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners
or others. For example, we may tell a business using DeoSpace how many people posted or
reposted something they shared, or the percentage of people who click a on post after
Our Policy on Children’s Information
DeoSpace is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has
provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this
page. If you continue to use DeoSpace after those changes are in effect, you agree to the
revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or
obtain your consent as required by law.
Terms of Service
Thank you for using DeoSpace!
The Terms of Service were written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of
this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
DeoSpace's products and services are provided by DeoSpace, Inc. These Terms of Service
("Terms") govern your access to and use of DeoSpace's website, products, and services
("Products"). Please read these Terms carefully, and contact us if you have any questions. By
accessing or using our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms and by our Privacy
Every company has its terms. These are ours.
- a. Who can use DeoSpace
You may use our Products only if you can form a binding contract with DeoSpace, and only in
compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your DeoSpace
account, you must provide us with accurate and complete information. Any use or access by
anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited. If you open an account on behalf of a company,
organization, or other entity, then (a) "you" includes you and that entity, and (b) you
represent and warrant that you are authorized to grant all permissions and licenses provided
in these Terms and bind the entity to these Terms, and that you agree to these Terms on the
entity's behalf. Some of our Products may be software that is downloaded to your computer,
phone, tablet, or other device. You agree that we may automatically upgrade those Products,
and these Terms will apply to such upgrades.
- Our license to you
Subject to these Terms and our policies (including our Acceptable Use policy), we grant you a
limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Products.
- Commercial use of DeoSpace
If you want to use our Products for commercial purposes you must create a business account
and agree to our Business Terms of Service.
You can use DeoSpace unless you're under 13. Also, if your boss is making you use
DeoSpace, you need to set up a business account.
- Your Privacy
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Use Policy to make important
disclosures about how you can use DeoSpace to share with others and how we collect and
can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the Data Use Policy, and
to use it to help you make informed decisions.
Read the Data Use Policy to understand how your data may be shared with others.
- Sharing Your Content and Information
- Posting content
DeoSpace allows you to post content, including photos, comments, and other materials.
Anything that you post or otherwise make available on our Products is referred to as "User
Content." You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for, the User Content you post to
If you post your content on DeoSpace, it still belongs to you but we can show it to people
and others can re-post it.
- How DeoSpace and other users can use your content
You grant DeoSpace and its users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable,
worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, re-post, modify, create derivative works,
perform, and distribute your User Content on DeoSpace solely for the purposes of operating,
developing, providing, and using the DeoSpace Products. Nothing in these Terms shall
restrict other legal rights DeoSpace may have to User Content, for example under other
licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including
User Content that we believe violates these Terms or our policies.
- How long we keep your content
Following termination or deactivation of your account, or if you remove any User Content
from DeoSpace, we may retain your User Content for a commercially reasonable period of
time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, DeoSpace and its users may
retain and continue to use, store, display, reproduce, re-post, modify, create derivative
works, perform, and distribute any of your User Content that other users have stored or
shared through DeoSpace.
Copies of content shared with others may remain even after you delete the content from
- Feedback you provide
We value hearing from our users, and are always interested in learning about ways we can
make DeoSpace more awesome. If you choose to submit comments, ideas or feedback, you
agree that we are free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you. By
accepting your submission, DeoSpace does not waive any rights to use similar or related
Feedback previously known to DeoSpace, or developed by its employees, or obtained from
sources other than you
Also, don't post porn or spam or be a jerk to other DeoSpace Cadets. Oh, and we can
actually use your suggestions to make DeoSpace better.
- Copyright Policy
DeoSpace has adopted and implemented the DeoSpace Copyright Policy in accordance with
the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. For more information, please read our Copyright Policy.
We respect copyrights. You should, too. It is not just the law, but an issue of what is morally
We care about the safety and security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your content and account, DeoSpace cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will
not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any
compromise or unauthorized use of your account.
You can help us fight spammers by keeping the security tips we provide in mind.
Third-Party Links, Sites, and Services
Our Products may contain links to third-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers,
or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by DeoSpace. We do not
endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third-party sites, information, materials,
products, or services. If you access any third party website, service, or content from
DeoSpace, you do so at your own risk and you agree that DeoSpace will have no liability
arising from your use of or access to any third-party website, service, or content.
We do our best to keep DeoSpace safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to
keep DeoSpace safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access DeoSpace,
using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers)
without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites
violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related,
dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate
- You will follow our promotions guidelines and all applicable laws if you publicize or
offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (“promotion”) on DeoSpace.
- You will not use DeoSpace to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working
or appearance of DeoSpace, such as a denial of service attack or interference with
page rendering or other DeoSpace functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
- Registration and Account Security
DeoSpace users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it
that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and
maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on DeoSpace, or create an
account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and
will use a DeoSpace Page for such purposes.e. You will not use DeoSpace if you are under 13.
- You will not use DeoSpace if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let
anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the
security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer)
to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the
right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark
owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual
- Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on DeoSpace that infringes or violates
someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on DeoSpace if we believe that it
violates this Statement or our policies.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe
we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable
your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including DeoSpace, the DeoSpace and
D Logos), or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our
Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- If you collect information from users, you will: obtain their consent, make it clear you
explaining what information you collect and how you will use it.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information
- Mobile and Other Devices
We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's
normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply.
You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an
application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on DeoSpace.
- Special Provisions Applicable to PagesIf you create or administer a Page on
DeoSpace, or run a promotion or an offer from your Page, you agree to our Pages Terms.
Post link to content off of DeoSpace. Most of that stuff is awesome but we're not responsible
when it's not.
DeoSpace may terminate or suspend this license at any time, with or without cause or notice
to you. Upon termination, you continue to be bound by Sections 2 and 6-12 of these Terms.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
If you use our Products for commercial purposes in violation of Section 1(c), as determined in
our sole and absolute discretion, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless DeoSpace and
its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, suits,
proceedings, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including,
without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees (including costs of defense of
claims, suits or proceedings brought by third parties), in any way related to (a) your access
to or use of our Products, (b) your User Content, or (c) your breach of any of these Terms.
If we are sued because of something your business does on DeoSpace, you have to pay our
costs. Also, you should have created a business account and agreed to our commercial
terms in the first place.
The Products and all included content are provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of
any kind, whether express or implied.
DEOSPACE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND
ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
DeoSpace takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or
any other user or third party posts or transmits using our Products. You understand and
agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable,
inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose.
Unfortunately, people post bad stuff on user-generated content sites like DeoSpace. We take
that kind of thing seriously but you still might run into it before we have a chance to take it
down. If you see bad stuff, please report it to us here HERE.
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DEOSPACE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF
PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF
DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (A) YOUR ACCESS
TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE PRODUCTS; (B) ANY CONDUCT OR
CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY
DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; OR
(C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL DEOSPACE'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE
PRODUCTS EXCEED ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS (U.S. $100.00).
We are building the best service we can for you but we can't promise it will be perfect. We're
not liable for various things. If you think we are, let's try to work it out like grown-ups.
For any dispute you have with DeoSpace, you agree to first contact us and attempt to
resolve the dispute with us informally. If DeoSpace has not been able to resolve the dispute
with you informally, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding
claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) arising out of or in connection with or relating
to these Terms by binding arbitration by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") under
the Commercial Arbitration Rules and Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related
Disputes then in effect for the AAA, except as provided herein. Unless you and DeoSpace
agree otherwise, the arbitration will be conducted in the county where you reside. Each party will be responsible for paying any AAA filing, administrative and arbitrator fees in
accordance with AAA rules, except that DeoSpace will pay for your reasonable filing,
administrative, and arbitrator fees if your claim for damages does not exceed $75,000 and is
non-frivolous (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure
- The award rendered by the arbitrator shall include costs of arbitration, reasonable
attorneys' fees and reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses, and any judgment on
the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Nothing in this Section shall prevent either party from seeking injunctive or other equitable
relief from the courts for matters related to data security, intellectual property or
unauthorized access to the Service. ALL CLAIMS MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES'
INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED
CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING, AND, UNLESS WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE
ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S CLAIMS. YOU AGREE THAT,
BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND DEOSPACE ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A
TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without respect to its
conflict of laws principles. We each agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a state
court located in Dallas, Texas or the United States District Court for the Northern District of
Texas, for any actions not subject to Section 10 (Arbitration).
Our Products are controlled and operated from the United States, and we make no
representations that they are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
If you want to sue us, you’ll need to do so in Texas.
- General Terms
Notification Procedures and changes to these Terms. DeoSpace reserves the right to
determine the form and means of providing notifications to you, and you agree to receive
legal notices electronically if we so choose. We may revise these Terms from time to time
and the most current version will always be posted on our website. If a revision, in our sole
discretion, is material we will notify you. By continuing to access or use the Products after
revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not agree
to the new terms, please stop using the Products.
If we're making a big change to the terms, we'll let you know.
Assignment. These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be
transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by DeoSpace without restriction. Any
attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with DeoSpace in
connection with the Products, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and
DeoSpace concerning the Products. If any provision of these Terms is deemed invalid, then
that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, and the
remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such
term or any other term, and DeoSpace's failure to assert any right or provision under these
Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These three passages are part of just about every online terms agreement. Basically, they
ensure that a deal is a deal when you're using a site, including DeoSpace.
Account security is a top priority at DeoSpace. To keep your account secure and
protect your pins, follow these best practices:
Pick a strong password
- Pick a strong password that has symbols and/or numbers. Check out these tips from
Microsoft on creating strong passwords.
- Use a unique password for DeoSpace - don't use the same password on every social
- Don't share your password. We won't ask for your password by email, instant
message or phone.
Watch where you log in
- Only enter your password on DeoSpace.com.
- Check your address bar for DeoSpace.com to login.
- Be cautious when you're online. Don't complete suspicious requests for personal
information, including any offer that appears too good to be true.
Protect your devices
- Make sure your computer and browser are up-to-date with the most recent updates
and anti-virus software.
- Only install browser add-ins or plug-ins from publishers that you trust.
- Don't open attachments or install software from an email that looks like it's from
DeoSpace. We'll never ask you to download or open files from an email.
Know the risks of using unsecured Wi-Fi
DeoSpace uses extra security precautions (HTTPS: Hypertext Transfer Protocol
Secure) on the login and settings pages. This encrypts the credentials you use to log
in to DeoSpace and is designed to prevent others from stealing your login
credentials, even on an unsecured network.
When you use an unsecured Wi-Fi network (one that doesn't require a password) such
as those found at coffee shops or airports, it's possible for someone to see most of
the internet traffic sent to and from your device. This includes content you pin to
DeoSpace (even secret pins).